Thursday, September 25, 2008

Smackdown your vote

Timothy Kemp
Opinion Columnist


We are now only a couple months from electing a new president to lead us to greatness here in the United States of America, and I encourage all of you go out let your voice be heard.
We are the richest and most powerful nation in the world, and we have the ability to choose our own leader. Who am I going to vote for? To be honest, I can definitely smell what Barack is cookin'.
Yes, that's right. I feel that we are ready to have our first African-American president. He wants to get universal health care, which I think our country desperately needs.
Although I can understand why we should have to pay if we get sick or injured, all I can think about is if I get seriously hurt and need help, the last thing I want to worry about is if I am financially covered. For those of you who have seen the movie John Q, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen that film, I strongly encourage you to do so. It's one of those movies that make you think a lot.


Anyway, Obama is also in favor of bringing our troops home from Iraq. Now I am not a hater of George Bush at all. I know why he decided to go over to the Middle East, but I just personally think that it is time for us to wrap this thing up.
Our country should not be playing "World Police" and trying to stop every bad thing that happens in other countries. We have been over there for seven years now, and whatever hasn't been accomplished in that time is probable not going to be done anytime soon.
It is possible that if we end terrorism there, more terrorism will probably happen in other parts of the world. We need to be concentrating on our own issues here in America.
Whether or not you agree with me is not the important thing. This country is the greatest of all time because we have the ability to share our opinions and decide who is going to represent us as our leader. I hope all of you go out and make history this November. Don't ever think your voice doesn't matter because it absolutely does.



Superstar of the week


Each week I will pick the superstar that has impressed me the most in wrestling. This week I have two. First off there is Santino Marella who is the reigning Intercontinental Champion. This guy is an absolute riot, who goes out and just makes an absolute fool of himself on national television, and the crowd just loves to hate this guy. It's funny to watch. He is the Andy Kaufman or Roddy Piper of this generation in that he is both a bad guy, and the most beloved at the same time. My second superstar of the week is Kelly-Kelly. This diva has gone from being a mediocre dancer on ECW to being a great in-ring performer on Monday Night Raw. She got a pinfall victory over "The Glamazon" Beth Phoenix, which is a huge upset.

No comments: